KeySteps is a charity set up by local churches in 1996 to help homeless people in North Somerset by offering them a bond to cover the deposit on a private rental dwelling. KeySteps
was originally the "Woodspring Deposit Guarantee Board" - later shortened to WDGB.
KeySteps has clients housed throughout North Somerset and has helped many local people. Twice weekly drop-in surgeries offer advice on housing and
associated matters to anyone who needs it, and also support to landlords.
Donations come from many different sources, including charitable trusts, churches and individuals. We rely on this generous support to provide these much-needed services to the less fortunate within our community.
KeySteps staff Julia and Maggie.
KeySteps has connections with many other local organisations. Housing is often only one of the problems that our clients are experiencing and our sign-posting service is now an established part of KeySteps operations.
- North Somerset Council Homelessness and Housing Support
- Liberata (the housing benefit contractor)
- Citizens Advice North Somerset
- West Country Savings and Loans (Credit Union)
- Weston YMCA
- Alliance Support
- Somewhere To Go day-centre
- Weston Night Assessment Centre
- Weston Foodbank
- North Somerset Private Housing Forum
- Addaction North Somerset
- Christians Against Poverty (for help with debts)
KeySteps staff are aware that many of the people they work with are classed as vulnerable. KeySteps Safeguarding Policy is available on request.